Partnering with you for a sure-fire result
Careful planning, time-tested systems
Building a new home is a major project, and it can be pretty daunting if you don’t have the right processes in place – and the right team to work with.
But imagine what it would be like to work with a company that:
- Takes the time to get to know you and what you want in a new home
- Has a clear roadmap so that you know what to expect and how much it will cost – before work starts
- Employs tried and true systems – including the option of a fixed-price build – to ensure everything stays on-time and on-budget
We know from experience that these are the key elements in transforming the building process from stressful hard graft into a genuine pleasure.
It also happens to be the best way to deliver you a home that you’ll be proud and happy to live in.
A collaborative process, on your terms
- Initial client briefing. We’ll talk about things like,
- What are you looking for in a new home?
- Do you have building plans? We can provide you with a ‘Design & Build’ option or work with your existing plans.
- What’s your budget?
- Do you have a section? If not, we have access to available sections, and can advise you on what would be suitable for your home.
- How involved do you want to be? Your participation could range from buying a pre-built home from us (see the Portfolio page for currently available homes), to being closely involved at every stage of the build.
- Do you want a fixed-price build? About 90% of our clients take up this option for the peace of mind it provides.
- Creation of concept design. This is when we draw up the initial plans based on what you’ve told us, and it’s the most collaborative part of the process. We need to make sure the concept is right, and we’ll work with you until you’re completely confident about moving on to the next stage.
- Drafting of working drawings and costing of project.
- The building process. Once we break ground, things start to get really exciting, and maybe a bit nerve-wracking! And that’s why we take these steps to make sure you’re happy every step of the way.
- Formal construction schedule. This schedule is updated weekly and will keep you informed about progress and what’s coming next. It will also give you advance notice about when you’ll need to make decisions about fittings, materials or treatments so you have plenty of time to weigh up your choices.
- Project management. We project manage all our builds for quality control. It’s also the best way to ensure subcontractors and inspections are scheduled on a timely basis to keep the build on track.
- Advice and problem solving. All of our sites are managed by trade-qualified builders who are available to speak with you at any time. And Pat’s available too if you want to talk to the man who runs things.
- Your new home is finished! To top things off, we’ll take you on a walk-through with your plumber, electrician, security specialist and other subcontractors. They’ll show you how to use and maintain every feature of your new home to ensure you get the most out of your investment.
So there’s the ‘how’ of working with Coughlan. It’s an approach that’s been fine-tuned over many years, so we’re confident it will produce a great outcome for you.
But you may still be thinking, ‘Fair enough, but I’m still not sure about why I should choose Coughlan . . .’ Visit our ‘Why Coughlan?’ page to find out.